At Waitakere Gymnastics, we have a new TRA ( Trampoline) Competitive Squad. Gymnasts are selected by coaches to join the competitive squad as 'invitation only'
This squad is preparing for competitions at the end of 2024.
- Typically, gymnasts are assessed and graded into a relevant group based on their age and skill level.
- Training varies between 2-3 times per week working through skill requirements needed for competition routines.
TRAINING TIMES & COMPETITIONS
Class times vary depending on the skill and level. Development groups train 1 day per week through to our Age group divisions training 3 days per week.Training for TRA competitions requires commitment by both the child and parents.
- Gymnasts are expected to be punctual, have an excellent attendance for classes and are required to train in leotards & active wear.
- Over the competitive season, parents can expect to pay entry fees for their child to compete at competitions. Typically gymnasts will compete in around four competitions over the season. One or two may be 'away' comps at locations such as Whangarei, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua or Christchurch. Gymnasts who qualify may compete at National level. Nationals are held in a different location around New Zealand each year. Gymnasts are also required to wear a competitive club leotard and a club tracksuit to all competitions.
- The cost ranges from $163.50 in the development program to $247.50+ in the Age group program per term.
- Competition prices are usually around $45-$75 for entry
- If you would like to see if TRA Trampoline program would suit your child, please contact the manager, Kristy on (09) 827 5394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time for your child to be assessed.
- Typically though, gymnasts must be currently attending recreation trampoline or tumbling classes at the gym to be considered for TRA squads.