Return to the Gym / Covid Guidelines
Red Light Protection Framework
All members (including parents) aged 12 years 3 months+ will be required to be fully vaccinated before returning to train inside the facility. All members over the age of 12 years and 3 months will be required to provide the office with a copy of their
My Vaccine Pass before entry
- We have created a revised timetable that limits the facility access to athletes in our competition and Recreation competition groups. Each group will be safely spaced around our facility.
- Parents/caregiver will not have access to the facility (except preschool parents who may have 1 adult attending) Parents please drop your children off no more than 5 minutes prior to their training session. Coaches will accompany children to their exit points at the end of each session. Once a parent is sighted outside of the building the children will be released. Parents participating in Preschool programs need to be wearing a mask while inside the facility. Please have your CVC ready on arrival.
- We will have mandatory check in using either the Covid app QR codes provided or manual check in for all gymnasts entering the facility. We encourage our gymnasts that have the app to sign in on entry. We will also have QR codes available on the exterior of the building for parents/caregivers wishing to sign in. There will be a staff member recording athlete attendance on arrival.
- Access to the gymnasium will be monitored and staggered: Each Group will enter and exit through the main doors, one group at a time.
- Our reception will be closed during this time. All general enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to contact staff during training hours please contact us on (09) 827 5394.
- Athletes and coaches are required to wear a face mask (8 years +) while not participating in physical activity and when going to the bathroom. Physical distance of 1m is encouraged when in the foyer or waiting areas and when not participating.
- All coaches will be wearing masks during training sessions.
- All bathrooms will have a one in, one out policy and will be regularly sanisited between sessions
- Cleaning and hygiene
- We ask that if an athlete or staff member is showing covid symptoms, please stay home from the gym.
- All members must sanitise hands, remove footwear and / or sanitise feet - before entering the training gym - between each apparatus rotation - before leaving the gym.
- If athletes could bring their own hand sanitiser to training that would be appreciated.
- Daily facility clean (gyms, high contact surfaces, bathrooms).
- Coaches will disinfect equipment between each apparatus rotation for competitive squads and between each training session for recreation.
- Due to cleaning challenges the foam pit will be out of bounds during recreation sessions. Competition athletes will be able to land on mats in the pit (no direct entry to foam).
- Bring enough water for the whole training, the water fountain will be unavailable.
- Ventilation – we will open the side gym and roller doors throughout sessions to allow for maximum air flow.
All protocols are based on latest Sport New Zealand guidance and are subject to change.
School Holiday Programme / Return to the Gym Activity Plan